The World Chocolate Masters is an international competition that was founded in 2005. It is the most demanding contest for chocolate professionals and is often referred to as the “world chocolate championship”.
Elias Läderach from Switzerland surpassed the other contestants and was crowned ‘World Chocolate Master 2018’.
During the nerve-wrecking last round, he was able to convince the jury and takes home a distribution deal with Harrods. Yoann Laval from France and Florent Cheveau from the USA are the runners up.
Elias Läderach from Switzerland is the winner of the 2018 World Chocolate Masters
The most impressive piece was every contestant’s City of Tomorrow: their astonishing view on future cities, reflected in incredible chocolate sculptures. Tall buildings and futuristic shapes were made, all created out of the best and most impressive combinations of ingredients!
The ten chefs brought with them an enormous crowd of fans, clearly giving them a strong energy boost. Luckily, all chefs were able to finish their creations in time.
US contestant Florent Cheveau impressed the jury with his Patisserie, that again showed the molecule of the DNA of chocolate on top. Elegance and sharpness defined his piece, showing his vision on the future.
- 20 chefs compete in 3 days for the title of the 2018 World Chocolate Master
- The world’s most advanced chocolate techniques are used to create exciting sculptures
- Futropolis theme inspired the use of innovative technologies such as 3D printing
- High risks when moving the sculptures: pieces falling off, broken sculptures!
- Time management is crucial: 3 contestants not able to finish in time and lose valuable points
The World Chocolate Masters is an inititative of Cacao Barry®, one of the gourmet brands of the Barry Callebaut Group.