Culturintel, an A.I powered cultural intelligence hub that analyzes every available open-source digital discussion to discover patterns in public sentiment, also found that people were more positive about the half time show this year (70%) than last year (65%). Additionally, the company found:
- The Hispanic community especially felt more positively about the show this year (91%) because the performers, Jennifer Lopez and Shakira, made them feel recognized, prideful and represented
- 55% of the conversations about the halftime show happened on Message boards and Topical sites. The other 45% went between comments and social networks
- There were no negative comments about Jennifer Lopez and Shakira by the Hispanic community
- Both of the performers resonate with the community by being Latinas, over 40, all-star performers, and moms.
- The overall was incredibly positive as well, with 73% feeling positive about Jennifer Lopez and 77% feeling positive about Shakira
- Some of the negative feedback about the show among the Hispanic community was related to the suggestive performance. This can be because it is supposed to be a family-friendly show and the dancing was a bit too much for the children viewing.