Meghan Markle And Prince Harry Paid Homage To Their Royal Ties By Naming Their Newly Born Girl Lilibet “Lili” Diana
Over 6,000 people from all over the world suggested and ranked the names that fit their ideas for the list “British Royalty Names”.
God Save the Queen (Elizabeth)
With 1.5 times the number of votes as the #2 spot, the name of the current Queen of the United Kingdom, Elizabeth II, takes the top spot. Learn about the top 5 below.
- Elizabeth: The current Queen of the United Kingdom, Elizabeth II, was born in 1926 and has reigned since 1952. Elizabeth I (also known as the Virgin Queen) was the daughter of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn. She was Queen of England and Ireland from 1558 to 1603 and her rule defined the Elizabethan era.
- William: Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, is the oldest son of Prince Charles and Princess Diana. He is currently 2nd in the line of succession after his father, and married Catherine Middleton (often called Kate).
- Charles: Charles, Prince of Wales, is the oldest son of the current Queen and 1st in line of succession.
- Victoria: Queen of the United Kingdom from 1837 until 1901. She had a longer reign than any previous monarch.
- Harry: Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, is the son of Prince Charles and Princess Diana, brother of Prince William, and husband to Duchess Meghan Markle.
Recent Royal Baby Names
Prince Charles and Princess Diana have many grandchildren from their sons William and Harry. William and Kate have recently had Prince George (2013), Princess Charlotte (2015), and Prince Louis (2018). Harry and Meghan have recently had Master Archie (2019). Though able to be called Prince Archie, his parents chose the title Master because they hope him to grow up as a private citizen.
Several of Elizabeth’s other children have also had grandchildren. Peter and Autumn Phillips have two children: Savannah (2010) and Isla (2012). Zara and Mike Tindall have three children: Mia (2014), Lena (2018), and Lucas (2021). Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank have a single child: August (2021).
Here are the 10 most recognized girl names
Popular This Year
Several of the names that rank highly on this list are also predicted to be among the most popular baby names this year. 5.2m James is predicted to be the #6 boy name, 4.1m William is predicted to be the #7 boy name, 705k Henry is predicted to be the #9 boy name, 1.7m Elizabeth is predicted to be the #23 girl name, and 501k Victoria is predicted to be the #33 girl name.