With the Fourth of July just days away, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2018’s Best & Worst Places for 4th of July Celebrations to go along with interesting stats about the holiday in its 4th of July Facts & Figures infographic.
To determine the best places to celebrate the most star-spangled occasion, WalletHub compared the 100 largest U.S. cities based on how well they balance holiday cost and fun.
The data set of 19 key metrics ranges from average beer and wine prices to duration of fireworks shows to Fourth of July weather forecast.
Best Cities to Celebrate Fourth of July
- New York, NY 11 Dallas, TX
- Los Angeles, CA 12 New Orleans, LA
- Chicago, IL 13 Minneapolis, MN
- Denver, CO 14 Las Vegas, NV
- Seattle, WA 15 Sacramento, CA
- Atlanta, GA 16 St. Louis, MO
- Milwaukee, WI 17 Madison, WI
- San Diego, CA 18 San Francisco, CA
- Washington, DC 19 Portland, OR
- Buffalo, NY 20 Boise, ID