By Amanda Postma
Life can be busy sometimes.
In fact, life can get so busy that one day you look up and realize that you’re 40 and single. There’s nothing wrong with that. It’s just part of life sometimes.
But maybe you’re not single because you were just so busy. Maybe it’s actually because of your job.
Instead of being wrapped up in a committed relationship with another person, perhaps you’ve been in a committed relationship with your job.
Rather than enjoying the close companionship of one partner, you have a healthy network of friends, acquaintances and coworkers.
So that got us thinking. What careers have people wrapped around their finger?
The Top 10 Jobs Most Likely To Leave You Single at 40
- Hotel, Motel, And Resort Desk Clerks
- Food Processing Workers, All Other
- Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, And Reinforcing Iron And Rebar Workers
- Hosts And Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, And Coffee Shop
- Graders And Sorters, Agricultural Products
- Flight Attendants
- Cleaners Of Vehicles And Equipment
- Butchers And Other Meat, Poultry, And Fish Processing Workers
This is not to say that relationship people can’t be wrapped up in their work, too. We’re not even saying that all bartenders are single at 40.
It’s just that single people have a bit more time to devote to such things. And the Census data shows that most bartenders are, indeed, single at 40.