FEMA has awarded grants to 63,000 households affected by Hurricane Ian for rental assistance or basic repairs of their storm–damaged home, and to date more than 4,000 households have participated in temporary hotel stays paid for by FEMA. This assistance is part of $5.2 billion in total federal support provided to Florida following this disaster through FEMA grants to households, disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration and claims payments from the National Flood Insurance Program.
FEMA’s Direct Temporary Housing mission has also placed 118 families in travel trailers or manufactured housing units, with another 220 units being prepared for occupancy and site inspections underway for more units.
Additionally, more than 119,000 people have visited Disaster Recovery Centers (DRC) in 26 counties, and Disaster Survivor Assistance teams have visited more than 354,000 homes in counties designated for Individual Assistance after Hurricane Ian, as FEMA continues to meet people where they are and helps them with their recovery. Currently, 18 DRCs are operating for Hurricane Ian.
By the Numbers
Support for Hurricane Ian Survivors
- $5.2 billion in federal grants, disaster loans and flood insurance payments
- $917 million in FEMA Individual Assistance approved for 373,350 households
- $1.54 billion in U.S. Small Business Administration disaster loans approved
- 45,800 National Flood Insurance Program claims filed; $2.29 billion paid
- $504 million in FEMA Public Assistance approved for emergency response costs
- 1,260 households (3,062 members) checked into hotel rooms under FEMA’s Transitional Sheltering Assistance for households
- 20,119 Blue Roofs installed by U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (mission completed)
Support for Hurricane Nicole Survivors
- $19.8 million in federal grants, disaster loans and flood insurance payments
- $3.2 million approved for FEMA Individual Assistance to support 1,113 households
- $3.4 million approved in U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans
- 1,400 National Flood Insurance claims filed for Hurricane Nicole; $13.2 million paid