2021 Oscars Facts
Hollywood had a rough year in 2020, with theaters across the country closed by the COVID-19 pandemic, but there are still quite a few impressive films to celebrate. To help you get psyched for the film industry’s biggest night, WalletHub did our homework on everything from box office sales and Rotten Tomatoes ratings for the Best Picture nominees to the price of awards-season lobbying. You can find all of these awesome Oscars fun facts in the infographic below. That’s followed by a Q&A on the state of the film industry with a panel of entertainment experts.
Top 5 Oscars Facts for 2021:
- $40M+: Total cost of Oscars ceremony.
- $10M: Cost of the look for an A-list actress attending the Oscars.
- 32%: Share of this year’s Oscar nominees who are women (highest percentage ever).
- $2M: Cost of a 30-second commercial during the Oscars telecast (64% less than the Super Bowl).
- $24.7K: Cost of the 50,000-square-foot Oscars red carpet.